Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Bruce

Have you ever heard of the Bruce Peninsula? Me neither, until last week. It's kinda pretty there, and the same driving time as Lake Superior from mid-Michigan, just across the lake into Canada.

Chris Shores on Maneline (5.10a), Lions Head
Scott High on a 5.10c at TV Tower
Brittany Schram at Lions Head

Chris lowered me about 100 feet down the side of Lions Head cliff on a climb called Kiss of the Spiderwoman (5.9). There was still about 100 feet below the belay anchors and delicate moves most of the way back up. It pushed the edge of my current abilities. Chris offered to photograph me coming up and I said no way--keep your hands on the belay device. Later I realized he has a better belay device than I do and could have shot and belayed quite safely. Next time I'll send it with style and it will be worth shooting.

More shots are on flickr

1 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

yikes! scary-awesome. and nice managing the tough light.

August 19, 2008 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home