Friday, August 01, 2008

Ethics?


Scott and I had been talking ethics on the way to the beer tent, cameras shouldered, and the distinction between newspaper and documentary ethics, between portraiture and street shooting.

After a few beers I decided to drop my newspaper ethics and make some pretty pictures. When Mom said "keep blowing bubbles for the man" I didn't excuse myself. When Scott took off his glasses I asked him to keep 'em there for a second. So these shots are not ethical for newspaper usage, unless I call them portraits, but with that disclosure, here they are. Channeling Larry Towell or something.

Rip 'em apart.

I was just talking to this guy, and it's the most portraity of them all.

1 Comments:

Blogger gabrielle said...

sometimes you just have to throw ethics out the window and make a good photo. there is nothing wrong with that as long as you know what you are doing! and, mr. smarty pants, you do.

August 06, 2008 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home