Tuesday, June 26, 2007

heat training

I had to start training today. Its 96 and I had to start marathon training...today. I ran a nice 8 miles in the heat, near dark on Sunday, full of chafing and lack of water. But, today I went with the Y group as they sped off on their 8 minute miles and I did my 9:30s in the heat. One guy finished before me doing 8, and then I melted. The shade on Lincoln St. slowly brought me back after the sun destroyed me on Woodside Ave. Hopefully things will cool off for more training runs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

KUDOS TO YOU!

What marathon are you doing???

And hey - you'd rather be doing 8 miles in 90 degree weather than 26, right? So maybe it's a good time to start your training. . .
:)

June 27, 2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

you're doing a marathon? woohoo! i need motivation!! My half is a month and a half away and i'm starting to get really nervous.

July 01, 2007 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home